Author Topic: Molyneux Exposed - Again  (Read 251 times)

Serpentis-Lucis

• FDR Curious
    • View Profile
Molyneux Exposed - Again
« on: November 21, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »
Yet another has discovered what Molyneux is or at least what he may be.

http://board.freedomainradio.com/topic/37858-is-stefan-molyneux-a-psychopath/#entry346341

It's been removed already sadly. Should have took a screenshot of it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:45:18 PM by Serpentis-Lucis »

Listener

• FDR Aware
    • View Profile
Re: Molyneux Exposed - Again
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 01:43:24 AM »
"Is Stefan Molyneux a psychopath?"

Damn, that's an enticing thread title.  Too bad it's gone, with no cached version in sight.

HansKarlsson

• FDR Enlightened
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 04:24:39 AM »
Hopefully the one who posted there will post it someplace else, sounds like an interesting read. I remember listening to one of Stefan's videos on Psychopaths and listening to him for almost an hour how he describes himself. I was thinking at the time to write a transcript of the video with an explanation to each paragraph on why it applies 100% to Stefan. Didn't have time to do it. Here is the video:
The Fascists That Surround You - Part 2: Sociopaths

Just listen to the first few minutes... you'll hear many "sociopaths/psychopaths do this and that, just the way you and I don't"... I think his subconscious was doing its job by setting himself apart as a category from his listeners ("you"). The way he just describes himself throughout the video is hilarious.
"Everything that's rich and deep is crap."
-Stefan Molyneux

Patience

• FDR Enlightened
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »

http://board.freedomainradio.com/topic/37858-is-stefan-molyneux-a-psychopath/#entry346341

Was it this post by SocraticMethodAdNauseum ?

1. GLIB AND SUPERFICIAL CHARM — the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. He can also be a great listener, to simulate empathy while zeroing in on his targets’ dreams and vulnerabilities, to be able to manipulate them better.

Check, constant false smiling, constant smooth talking, always pointing out his achievements over and over. Falsely empathizes with people who call in which sounds nice, "while zeroing in on his targets’ dreams and vulnerabilities". (Childhoods)

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH — a grossly inflated view of one’s abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

Definitely, even though he speaks contrary to the fact sometimes.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM — an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have a low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.

Check, over 1200 lengthy podcasts.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING — can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative and dishonest.

Check, harder to spot but there are examples out there, mostly on call-ins.

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS: the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one’s victims.

Manipulates people to agree with him by attacking their premises, definitions of words, reductionistic examples. He would probably try to cover this up by saying "I'm actually right though". If you don't agree you're most likely "Traumatized".

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT:  a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted and

unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one’s victims.

Check, ability to calmly insult a person, make callers feel uncomfortable (easy to see) while subtely insulting them.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT:  emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness and superficial warmth.

Superficial warmth - check

Limited range of feelings - check

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY:  a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

Harder to see because it's disguised by Shallow Affect - Check

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE: an intentional, manipulative, selfis, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline and the inability to carry through one’s responsibilities.

Asking for donations all the time - check.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS:  expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

Argues over the smallest details in an argument - check. Argues over small definitions - check.

11. PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR: a variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of numerous, multiple relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity (rape) or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits and conquests.

Missing data

12. EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS: a variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use and running away from home.

Missing data

13. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS: an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.

Does making endless podcasts count as a realistic long term goal? Or maybe the standard goal of raising a child and having a wife counts here.

14. IMPULSIVITY: the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations and momentary urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic and reckless.

Seems to be under control.

15. IRRESPONSIBILITY: repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

16. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS: a failure to accept responsibility for one’s actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.

Possibly.

17. MANY SHORT-TERM RELATIONSHIPS: a lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including in marital and familial bonds.

Seems fine, missing data.

18. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY: behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.

19. REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE: a revocation of probation or other conditional release due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation or failing to appear.

20. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY: a diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes or wrongdoings.

So half...that we know of...

Anyone have any feedback on this? I recently read some books on Psychopaths such as Mask of Sanity, The Psychopath Test, Wisdom of Psychopaths, Stefan seems to fit the bill. They definitely do not like being identified as such so it might be a risk making this topic in the first place.

By coincidence, I heard Jon Ronson talking about The Psychopath Test earlier today, in an old edition of This American Life.

Serpentis-Lucis

• FDR Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »

1. GLIB AND SUPERFICIAL CHARM — the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. He can also be a great listener, to simulate empathy while zeroing in on his targets’ dreams and vulnerabilities, to be able to manipulate them better.

Check, constant false smiling, constant smooth talking, always pointing out his achievements over and over. Falsely empathizes with people who call in which sounds nice, "while zeroing in on his targets’ dreams and vulnerabilities". (Childhoods)

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH — a grossly inflated view of one’s abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

Definitely, even though he speaks contrary to the fact sometimes.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM — an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have a low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.

Check, over 1200 lengthy podcasts.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING — can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative and dishonest.

Check, harder to spot but there are examples out there, mostly on call-ins.

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS: the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one’s victims.

Manipulates people to agree with him by attacking their premises, definitions of words, reductionistic examples. He would probably try to cover this up by saying "I'm actually right though". If you don't agree you're most likely "Traumatized".

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT:  a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted and

unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one’s victims.

Check, ability to calmly insult a person, make callers feel uncomfortable (easy to see) while subtely insulting them.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT:  emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness and superficial warmth.

Superficial warmth - check

Limited range of feelings - check

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY:  a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

Harder to see because it's disguised by Shallow Affect - Check

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE: an intentional, manipulative, selfis, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline and the inability to carry through one’s responsibilities.

Asking for donations all the time - check.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS:  expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

Argues over the smallest details in an argument - check. Argues over small definitions - check.

11. PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR: a variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of numerous, multiple relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity (rape) or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits and conquests.

Missing data

12. EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS: a variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use and running away from home.

Missing data

13. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS: an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.

Does making endless podcasts count as a realistic long term goal? Or maybe the standard goal of raising a child and having a wife counts here.

14. IMPULSIVITY: the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations and momentary urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic and reckless.

15. IRRESPONSIBILITY: repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

16. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS: a failure to accept responsibility for one’s actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.

Possibly.

17. MANY SHORT-TERM RELATIONSHIPS: a lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including in marital and familial bonds.

18. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY: behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.

19. REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE: a revocation of probation or other conditional release due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation or failing to appear.

20. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY: a diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes or wrongdoings.

So half...that we know of...

Anyone have any feedback on this? I recently read some books on Psychopaths such as Mask of Sanity, The Psychopath Test, Wisdom of Psychopaths, Stefan seems to fit the bill. They definitely do not like being identified as such so it might be a risk making this topic in the first place.

By coincidence, I heard Jon Ronson talking about The Psychopath Test earlier today, in an old edition of This American Life.

That's the one.

Patience

• FDR Enlightened
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 02:54:51 AM »
A similar question was discussed on LiberatingMinds (site is now closed but can still be read).

http://liberatingminds.forumotion.com/t2154-narcissistic-personality-disorder-npd-is-this-stef

DrElvisHChrist

• FDR Curious
  • Never drank the Kool-Aid
    • View Profile
    • Dana Nutter’s Web™
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:38 PM »

Someone sent me a link to that post just before the mods took it down, not surprisingly.  Again, instead of dealing with criticism, they just censor it.
http://dana.nutter.net/
“A wise man believes only in lies, trusts only in the absurd, and learns to expect the unexpected.”

Patience

• FDR Enlightened
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 03:37:08 PM »

Someone sent me a link to that post just before the mods took it down, not surprisingly.  Again, instead of dealing with criticism, they just censor it.

There was further criticism in one of the comments on the post - someone dared to admit disagreement with Molyneux. Maybe that is why it had to be nipped in the bud so promptly.

I approached your post, not out of hate, but as an honest inquisition.
I'm not going to downvote you for your vicious unground ad hominem
words.  But you have to clearly think about what you post. I disagree
with things Stef says on occasion, but as human beings we all have
biases.
  I dont know what yours are, but if you want to discuss some
things feel free to do so.  I'd be more than happy to speak on behalf of
what I see as personal biases interferring with your logic.

Elucidated

• PHILOSOPHER PUPPET
  • FDR Authority
  • "I lost my smileys!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 03:56:43 PM »
To be fair, not many people would leave a post on their forum if it called them a psychopath.

The whole idea seems much better suited to an analysis video on Youtube.................any takers?  :D

She knew whose love she doubted. It wasn’t her parents’ and it wasn’t her friends: It was her own

(Ann Brashares - Forever In Blue)

CrazyCanuck

• FDR Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 01:35:32 PM »

I saw that post before I got banned a few days later.  Had nothing to do with about any of my post.  I reported someone was on the site that was previous banned and I got banned also.  My educated guess is that he has been exposed by the person I reported however it wasn't the case at all.  Foolish mistake since that banning led me to this site.  To be honest I won't even start a post like that or would I actually with it because it's too much negativity.  However I said to many people that I believed Stefan was a con.  It's alway about following the money.  He complains that government steals people from force but he get his money by manipulation.  I find his reasoning odd since his is just as bad.

CrazyCanuck

• FDR Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 04:35:58 PM »
To be fair, not many people would leave a post on their forum if it called them a psychopath.

The whole idea seems much better suited to an analysis video on Youtube.................any takers?  :D

I wouldn't myself. If someone accuses they better be able to prove it.  If the person didn't respond then it's obvious the person is just trolling.